Unibody design w/ Extended Bonnet
Ammonia Service – Gen2 Series Ball Valves
Ladish Gen2 valves are engineered for performance and reliability in the most hazardous industrial processes such as severe ammonia applications. These valves are available in a “floating” type with two basic body configurations – split body in full and standard port and a unibody in standard port only.
Part Numbers Denoting Gen2 Models
- P8: Full Port, Split Body
(.5” – 16” Class 150 & 300, .5” – 6” Class 600
- P7: Std. Port, Split Body
(2” – 8” Class 150, 300 & 600)
- P9: Std. Port, Unibody
(.5” – 12”, Class 150 & 300)
Ammonia Uses & Operating Conditions
Ammonia is a colorless gas that consists of nitrogen and hydrogen (NH3). At atmospheric conditions, it it lighter than air with a pungent odor. It is a highly caustic irritant that is both toxic and flammable. Because of its low boiling point, as a liquid it must be stored under pressure or at a low temperature. Industrial ammonia is sold either as ammonia liquor or as pressurized or refrigerated anhydrous liquid ammonia transported in tank cars or cylinders. Household ammonia or ammonium hydroxide is a solution of NH3 in water. Most ammonia is consumed in the manufacturing of fertilizer. It is also a building block for the synthesis of many pharmaceutical products and is used in many commercial cleaning products.
Typical Operating Conditions
- Low to high temperature: -50 – 1200° F (-45 – 660° C)
- High pressure: 100 – 3200 psig
- Complex flow scheme / massive recirculation
- High-pressure steam
Select Ladish Materials for Ammonia
Due to the toxic nature of ammonia, all valve components must be constructed with appropriate materials. Carbon steel is suitable for anhydrous ammonia applications, however if moisture is present, stainless steel should be the choice material.
CLEANING & TESTING
All components used for ammonia service, in gaseous or liquid state, are specifically cleaned to remove any traces or oil, grease or hydrocarbon materials prior to valve assembly. Valves for ammonia service are assembled in an oil-free restricted area by personnel who are specially equipped and trained to perform this task. The assembling area, work , surfaces, equipment and tools are specially maintained to ensure cleanliness requirements are met.
Design, Features & Benefits
• Size Range: 1/2 – 16”
• Body Material: ASTM A352 LCB/LCC
• Trim: C276 Ball & Stem
• Pressure Rating: Per ASME B16.34
• Temperature Rating: -75 to 450ºF
• Connection Type: 150#, 300#, 600# Raised Face Flange
• Flow Direction: Bi-Directional, Uni-Directional (Vented Ball)
• B16.5, B16.10, B16.34, API 598, API 608, API 607, Chlorine Institute Pamphlet 6
• Process Sealing: Bubble tight per API 598, Self Relieving Seats, Gas Tested
• Extended Corrosion Protection: Phosphate/Zinc Treatment standard, Epoxy paint available upon request
Standard: Self Relieving Seats
Optional: Vented Ball
All valves feature Low FE, live loaded dual PTFE / Graphite packing.
- Low Profile Bonnet (pictured with acid detecting paint)
- Low Profile Bonnet w/ Bolt On Stem Extension (pictured with acid detecting paint)
- Extended Bonnet (Welded)
Once again, Ladish will continue To Mark Progress.